FUN RUN GRANTS
A Fun Run Grant will equip schools with materials to host a race, walk-a-thon, or fun run event for their school communities. The package includes a set of numbered race bibs, a finish line banner, wristbands for student participants, a Bluetooth speaker, an airhorn, and a gift card to purchase healthy snacks like fruit and water.
If your school is interested in the Fun Run Grant, tell us about the event you’d like to host in as much detail as possible. Will this event complement or support an existing run club? Will families and community members be involved? How will this grant support a culture of health and wellness at your school? Priority will be given to applicants who plan to use the Fun Run Grant to complement and support the activities of a school walk/run club. And of course all miles racked up at fun run events can be added to the Billion Mile Race!
Up to 50 Fun Run Grants will be awarded. Preference will be given to Spring 2017 events, but applications for Fall 2017 events will also be considered. The deadline for applications is February 15, 2017. Winners will be determined and grant packages will be shipped no later than March 15, 2017.
To be eligible for a Billion Mile Race Fun Run Grant, your school must fulfill the following by February 15, 2017:
- Register your school in the Billion Mile Race at www.BillionMileRace.org/register
- Complete and submit a Fun Grant Application: Access here.
- Post miles to your school’s Billion Mile Race profile at least once between December 13, 2016 and February 15, 2017.
Additional Requirements and Considerations:
- A minimum of 60% of Billion Mile Race Fun Run Grants awarded will be distributed to schools serving populations where 50% or more of students are eligible for free or reduced price lunch. At least 30% of Billion Mile Race Fun Run Grants will be awarded to schools serving populations where 80% or more of students are eligible for free or reduced price lunch. This publicly available data is accessible to Billion Mile Race administrators once your school registers in the Billion Mile Race. You do not have to specify your school's percent eligibility in your grant application. Where free and reduced-price lunch eligibility data are not available, a comparable metric will be used.
- To be eligible, schools must serve children in at least one K-12 grade.
- Special consideration will be given to schools enrolled in Let's Move! Active Schools. To enroll visit www.letsmoveschools.org
- Up to fifty (50) schools will be awarded grants, provided that the number of complete and eligible applications received by the deadline is fifty (50) or greater.
- Winning schools will be contacted via email after February 15, 2016.
- Employees and immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same household as employees of Tufts University are not eligible to apply.
- Entrants that do not meet these stated requirements are not eligible to participate or be awarded a grant. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- ChildObesity180 maintains ultimate authority over all determinations of eligibility.