Thanks to all schools that applied for a Fun Run Grant. Applicants will be notified of decisions by the end of April. Stay tuned for more grant opportunities and in the meantime check out our contest!
Fun Run Grant
A Fun Run Grant will equip schools with materials to host a race, walk-a-thon, or fun run event for their school communities. The package includes a set of numbered race bibs, a finish line banner, ribbons for student participants, a Bluetooth speaker, and a gift card to purchase healthy snacks like fruit and water.
If your school is interested in the Fun Run Grant, tell us about your event in as much detail as possible. In the application, we’ll ask you to briefly describe your proposed event and why you’d like to host it for your students. Please provide details about the event so that, if your school is selected, we can customize the grant package accordingly. Priority will be given to applicants who plan to use the Fun Run Grant to complement and support the activities of a school walk/run club. All miles racked up at fun run events can be added to the Billion Mile Race!
Up to 50 Fun Run Grants will be provided. Preference will be given to Spring 2016 events, but applications for Fall 2016 events will also be considered. The deadline for applications is April 10, 2016. Successful grant applicants will be determined and grant packages distributed no later than April 27, 2016.Apply Here
To be eligible for a Billion Mile Race grant, your school must fulfill the following by April 10, 2016:
- Register your school in the Billion Mile Race: Enrolling in the Billion Mile Race is simple, quick, and free. Head here to get started. Already registered? You can check this one off your list.
- Complete and submit a Fun Run Grant Application.
- Post miles to your school's Billion Mile Race profile at least once between March 3 and April 10, 2016.
Additional Requirements and Considerations:
- A minimum of 60% of Billion Mile Race Fun Run Grants awarded will be distributed to schools serving populations where 50% or more of students are eligible for free or reduced price lunch. At least 30% of Billion Mile Race Fun Run Grants will be awarded to schools serving populations where 80% or more of students are eligible for free or reduced price lunch. This publicly available data is accessible to Billion Mile Race administrators once your school registers in the Billion Mile Race. You do not have to specify your school's percent eligibility in your grant application. Where free and reduced-price lunch eligibility data are not available, a comparable metric will be used.
- To be eligible, schools must serve children in at least one K-12 grade.
- Up to fifty (50) schools will be awarded grants, provided that the number of complete and eligible applications received by the deadline is fifty (50) or greater.
- Winning schools will be contacted via email after April 10, 2016.
- Employees and immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same household as employees of Tufts University are not eligible to apply.
- Entrants that do not meet these stated requirements are not eligible to participate or be awarded a grant. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- ChildObesity180 maintains ultimate authority over all determinations of eligibility.
- Produced By